The large fume seen over cooling towers of Hongsa Power Plant, created from updraft of air which cools the hot water flow from condenser into the towers. The hot air flow up through the chimney and when it collide with cooler air outside then it condensed. Although it looks like smoke, in fact, it's just the vapor and it's not pollution. Sometimes they appear like big clouds, but sometimes, especially on a hot day, there does not appear to be any vapor rising out of the cooling towers; it's depend on relative humidity and reflection of the light at that moment.
When will the Hongsa Power Plant project be open for general visitors?
HPC welcomes everyone interested to visit our project. However, since the project is now under the construction phase, please contact us in advance and make an appointment, so that we can facilitate for the most appropriate date and time.
What will the total number of employees working at the Power Plant be, when production begins? What is the ratio of employees, in terms of nationality?
When production begins, there should be around 1,200 employees working at the Power Plant。 Three out of four employees must be Laotian, while the rest (around 300 individuals) would be foreign nationals from any country – Thailand, China, Vietnam, etc。
What area does the Hongsa Power Plant Management Plan cover?
The plan covers the following:
• Close supervision and efficient management of construction contract made with partners
• Strict adherence to requirements stated in the concession contract, the power purchase agreement, and the loan agreement
• Control the implementation of environmental management based on the specified standards
• Employment of a professional team of experienced consulting engineers
• Provision of support to public authorities in charge of control and monitoring, as well as to officials assigned to monitor the project’s implementation
• Provision of facilitation to independent specialized entities designated by the Government of Lao (GoL) to inspect the project
• Project to hire independent entities to conduct environmental quality monitoring and measurement
• Employment and potential enhancement project to improve working capabilities of Lao citizens
• Contribution to the strength of communities and society as a whole
May I have a brief background about the construction company?
The major construction company is ‘China National Electric Equipment Corporation’ (CNEEC) – a well-recognized company with extensive experience and expertise in the construction of this type of power plant in Europe, Africa, Indonesia and the Philippines. The construction of the project’s infrastructure also involves contractors from Thailand. The construction technology used is of international standards.